Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Art-full Week

If last weeks Thrift Share Monday post was full of books, this week was full of Art!
Not only did we attend the LA Art Show this weekend (loved it!!!), I also brought home 
some cool Thrifted pieces to add to my Thrift Art Collection!

These two beautiful watercolor paintings caught my eye and were signed Eren Alpketin.
I picked them up at the American Veterans Thrift Store a few miles down the street where I just happened to stop by Friday night on my way home from work.
After getting home & googling the artist, I realized that she was represented by galleries in Laguna Beach.
These two paintings are listed on her website and titled "Colorado River" and "San Antonio".
I just love them!
Colorado River
San Antonio
I've already placed this beauty above the mantle in our living room,
and I'm pretty sure that's where it will stay for a bit!
At the same shop I also picked up a framed print by Nathaniel Bustion titled "Dogan Mask".
I haven't gotten around to photoing it yet but this is the image.
All 3 of these amazing pieces of art cost me under $100.00.  A little more than my normal spending, 
but I thought in tin this case I just couldn't resist.
While I'll probably be keeping the art, I did pick up a few things for the shop this week too.

These adorable Drunken Fruit canisters by Nancy Lynn are all little works of art on their own.  
They would be perfect for a retro kitchen and are seriously cute as pie.
These two vintage fabrics were also from this week & this red & blue screen print cotton 
by Kauffman Fabrics reminds me of a Monet.
SOLD
Look for these items to be listed in my Etsy shop soon, and
check out some of the Designer Thrift finds from earlier this week that I posted on Thrift Collective.
 Hope you enjoyed my Thrift Share Monday post & check out lots of other great finds through the links on Apron Thrift Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

NowSoLA Vintage (112) Vintage Decor (55) Thrift Share (38) Photography (30) Preview Listings (25) Vintage Fashion (25) California Living (24) Inspirational Outings (22) Thrift Art Gallery (19) Vintage Fabrics (17) New Listings (16) Vintage Accessories (16) instagram (15) thrift store (15) Blooms (12) Stella (12) Vintage Books (12) Mid Century Modern (10) Worldly Travels (10) Behind the Scenes (9) Flowers (9) Modern Art (9) My Art (9) Vintage Toys (9) Lucy (8) House Tour (7) Africa (6) Art Pottery (5) France (5) SALE (5) thrift art (5) Christian Dior (4) Folk Art (4) Kenya (4) latin american art (4) Artist Profile (3) Delano Hotel (3) LA Art Show (3) Paris artist (3) Singapore (3) Vera Neumann (3) christmas (3) hyper-realist painting (3) Armani (2) Asia (2) Bali (2) Birds (2) Damien Hirst (2) David Bromley (2) Irwin Signature (2) Janet Rothwoman (2) Marrakech (2) Mikasa (2) Mombasa (2) Monaco (2) Morocco (2) digital collage (2) nativity (2) resolutions (2) 76 Drill (1) Artist JR (1) Bernard Buffet (1) Brewery Art Walk (1) Carmageddon (1) Cartier (1) Charley Harper (1) Creative Courage (1) David Auld Haiti (1) David Band (1) David Lefner (1) Dodge Bookends (1) Eames (1) Finn Juhl (1) Flintridge China (1) Frye Boots (1) G. Lelong (1) Gaultier (1) Georges Briard (1) Globe (1) Gorham China (1) Gucci (1) Guillermo Bert (1) Halloween (1) Henry Moore (1) Irving Shapiro (1) Jonathan Adler (1) Julien Pacaud (1) Kandinsky (1) Kokeshi (1) Korean Friendship Bell (1) Krenit Bowl (1) M. Saleh (1) MFR (1) Museum Ludwig (1) Nauga Monster (1) Paul Klee (1) Paul McCobb (1) Picasso (1) Pret a Porter (1) Quaker Lace (1) Rome (1) Salinas (1) Sandoval (1) Sea Things (1) Sock Monkey (1) StumbleUpon (1) Stylish Blogger (1) Sunal Alvar (1) The Huntington (1) Unaka Pottery (1) Versace (1) bird print (1) boulanger (1) clock (1) dior bag (1) doll (1) graciela rodo boulanger (1) ornament (1) oswaldo guayasamin (1)

Followers