Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

Thrift Share - October Goodies

It's been quite a while since my last Thrift Share post, but low and behold I finally got around to photoing some of my most recent finds.
The 1st week of Oct, I picked up a box full of goodies from one of my favorite local thrift shops, & the entire loot came in under $20.00.
Reed & Barton 251
The Enamel is such a beautiful blue on this silver plated bowl by Reed & Barton.
It's pretty tarnished so I guess I need to do some research to figure out the best way to clean it.
Any suggestions?

This wonderful set of Denby-Langley China also went into my box of treasures that day....
Langley Canterbury Sherwood 1970-1982
Along with these bright Danish style Trivets.

All & All I'd say it was a pretty good haul!
Then, last weekend I headed to the Rose Bowl Flea & had the pleasure of meeting up with Selena Cate from Apron Thrift Girl & Mod Sonoma along with her friend Teresa, during their whirlwind LA trip.  It was such a great morning browsing all the fun booths of the flea & chatting with such wonderful ladies!  

There were plenty of bargains to be had, and we all walked away with some goodies.  My favorite find from the day was this Fiberglass luncheon tray by Cambro.
I should've taken a better pic to show scale, cause it's a pretty big.  Also, I can't find any information on decorated trays by the company, so I have to wonder if the decal was added after market...though it certainly seems like it was original to the tray.  Regardless, I think it's really sweet!

I can't wait to see what other great treasures were unearthed this week, so I'll be linking up to Selena's & Sophie's again this week!  
Cheers ~ Lara


2 comments:

  1. WOW! I am drooling here. What beautiful finds! I love every single one of them. I am off to visit your store. First time visitor, will come back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul, the shade of blue on that Reed & Barton bowl is especially beautiful. As far as cleaning, I have always polished my silver items with toothpaste. Sounds strange but works well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

NowSoLA Vintage (112) Vintage Decor (55) Thrift Share (38) Photography (30) Preview Listings (25) Vintage Fashion (25) California Living (24) Inspirational Outings (22) Thrift Art Gallery (19) Vintage Fabrics (17) New Listings (16) Vintage Accessories (16) instagram (15) thrift store (15) Blooms (12) Stella (12) Vintage Books (12) Mid Century Modern (10) Worldly Travels (10) Behind the Scenes (9) Flowers (9) Modern Art (9) My Art (9) Vintage Toys (9) Lucy (8) House Tour (7) Africa (6) Art Pottery (5) France (5) SALE (5) thrift art (5) Christian Dior (4) Folk Art (4) Kenya (4) latin american art (4) Artist Profile (3) Delano Hotel (3) LA Art Show (3) Paris artist (3) Singapore (3) Vera Neumann (3) christmas (3) hyper-realist painting (3) Armani (2) Asia (2) Bali (2) Birds (2) Damien Hirst (2) David Bromley (2) Irwin Signature (2) Janet Rothwoman (2) Marrakech (2) Mikasa (2) Mombasa (2) Monaco (2) Morocco (2) digital collage (2) nativity (2) resolutions (2) 76 Drill (1) Artist JR (1) Bernard Buffet (1) Brewery Art Walk (1) Carmageddon (1) Cartier (1) Charley Harper (1) Creative Courage (1) David Auld Haiti (1) David Band (1) David Lefner (1) Dodge Bookends (1) Eames (1) Finn Juhl (1) Flintridge China (1) Frye Boots (1) G. Lelong (1) Gaultier (1) Georges Briard (1) Globe (1) Gorham China (1) Gucci (1) Guillermo Bert (1) Halloween (1) Henry Moore (1) Irving Shapiro (1) Jonathan Adler (1) Julien Pacaud (1) Kandinsky (1) Kokeshi (1) Korean Friendship Bell (1) Krenit Bowl (1) M. Saleh (1) MFR (1) Museum Ludwig (1) Nauga Monster (1) Paul Klee (1) Paul McCobb (1) Picasso (1) Pret a Porter (1) Quaker Lace (1) Rome (1) Salinas (1) Sandoval (1) Sea Things (1) Sock Monkey (1) StumbleUpon (1) Stylish Blogger (1) Sunal Alvar (1) The Huntington (1) Unaka Pottery (1) Versace (1) bird print (1) boulanger (1) clock (1) dior bag (1) doll (1) graciela rodo boulanger (1) ornament (1) oswaldo guayasamin (1)

Followers