Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Thrift Share - Happy Halloween

Vintage Photo and Shilouette
It's a wonderful time of the year!  
"Fall is in the Air", and it was another amazing weekend living in SoCal!  We can't wait to see all the kiddos come around trick or treating tomorrow night and I even picked up some costumes for our dogs at the Goodwill this year!  Stella & Lucy will be a Submarine & a Blowfish! Lol.

 I've found a random assortment of goodies during my thrifting adventures recently.  I picked up the vintage photo of the little girl with a basket of birds and the vintage silhouette a few weekend ago at the Rose Bowl when I met up with Selena Cate from Apron Thrift Girl.  I'm not quite sure what I'll do with the images yet, but I just couldn't pass them up.

Goldette NY Necklace
I found this great layered gold necklace at an Estate Sale.  The sale was pretty picked over, so I only picked up a few things.  The necklace is so big it was actually hanging on the belt rack and I snagged it for a steal!

There were a few cute dresses still hanging in the closet.  Though I haven't gotten around to photoing them all yet, I did snap a few photos of this one.  It's so fun. The deep plunge and bow in the back give it such a spark & the dress will make a great addition to the shop.

Lastly at the sale I came across this large clenched wooden Fist.  After doing a little research, I found out that these fists are called Figa's and they were originally Brazilian good luck charms.  
This particular one would be pretty substantial in size for a necklace pendant, so I decided to use it in a little temporary assemblage of sorts.

Other than the Estate sale I stopped at a few Goodwills this week to find a costume.  I finally settled on an Asian inspired dress, and spent Saturday night as a Geisha Girl!

It ended up being a fun costume for the awesome Long Beach Zombie Walk and Streetfest!  Kudos to organizer & friend Logan Crow for an ABSOLUTELY AMAZING event!!! Bravo!!!

I don't want the Halloween partying to stop, so I'll be linking up to Selena's and Sophie's to see all the other Thrify Finds there!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
Lara

2 comments:

  1. That necklace is great! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FIGAs!!! I lived in Rio for a couple of years - these give me a flashback of memories...and a dusty recollection of wearing a large one as a pendant and then a small one on the clasp side 'to protect from things going on behind your back'

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

NowSoLA Vintage (112) Vintage Decor (55) Thrift Share (38) Photography (30) Preview Listings (25) Vintage Fashion (25) California Living (24) Inspirational Outings (22) Thrift Art Gallery (19) Vintage Fabrics (17) New Listings (16) Vintage Accessories (16) instagram (15) thrift store (15) Blooms (12) Stella (12) Vintage Books (12) Mid Century Modern (10) Worldly Travels (10) Behind the Scenes (9) Flowers (9) Modern Art (9) My Art (9) Vintage Toys (9) Lucy (8) House Tour (7) Africa (6) Art Pottery (5) France (5) SALE (5) thrift art (5) Christian Dior (4) Folk Art (4) Kenya (4) latin american art (4) Artist Profile (3) Delano Hotel (3) LA Art Show (3) Paris artist (3) Singapore (3) Vera Neumann (3) christmas (3) hyper-realist painting (3) Armani (2) Asia (2) Bali (2) Birds (2) Damien Hirst (2) David Bromley (2) Irwin Signature (2) Janet Rothwoman (2) Marrakech (2) Mikasa (2) Mombasa (2) Monaco (2) Morocco (2) digital collage (2) nativity (2) resolutions (2) 76 Drill (1) Artist JR (1) Bernard Buffet (1) Brewery Art Walk (1) Carmageddon (1) Cartier (1) Charley Harper (1) Creative Courage (1) David Auld Haiti (1) David Band (1) David Lefner (1) Dodge Bookends (1) Eames (1) Finn Juhl (1) Flintridge China (1) Frye Boots (1) G. Lelong (1) Gaultier (1) Georges Briard (1) Globe (1) Gorham China (1) Gucci (1) Guillermo Bert (1) Halloween (1) Henry Moore (1) Irving Shapiro (1) Jonathan Adler (1) Julien Pacaud (1) Kandinsky (1) Kokeshi (1) Korean Friendship Bell (1) Krenit Bowl (1) M. Saleh (1) MFR (1) Museum Ludwig (1) Nauga Monster (1) Paul Klee (1) Paul McCobb (1) Picasso (1) Pret a Porter (1) Quaker Lace (1) Rome (1) Salinas (1) Sandoval (1) Sea Things (1) Sock Monkey (1) StumbleUpon (1) Stylish Blogger (1) Sunal Alvar (1) The Huntington (1) Unaka Pottery (1) Versace (1) bird print (1) boulanger (1) clock (1) dior bag (1) doll (1) graciela rodo boulanger (1) ornament (1) oswaldo guayasamin (1)

Followers